What is a Thread Lift?
In a thread lift, threads are inserted underneath the skin to instantly and effectively lift sagging skin. The threads are mainly used on the face and the neck, but can also be used to lift skin on the body.
A PDO Threadlift uses sutures that absorb into the skin, resulting in long-lasting but non-permanent results that are reversible if desired. Results improve over 2-4 months with collagen stimulation from the thread.
The thread-lifting procedure does not involve surgery. It is a minimally invasive and very safe and effective in-office procedure with little downtime—especially when performed by an experienced provider.
What are the Advantages of a Thread Lift?
As we age, we lose volume in our face and our skin starts to sag. The result is a longer, more square and older-looking face. While BOTOX® is great for smoothing wrinkles that are formed with movement and dermal fillers are excellent at restoring facial volume and improving deep folds, there was still an unmet need in cosmetic dermatology: a nonsurgical way to effectively lift sagging skin to restore the face’s natural and youthful V-shape and vitality.
Although traditional facelift surgery is an excellent way to address sagging skin, it also carries with it a lot of expense and downtime. Many people are also afraid to “go under the knife” as you may not come out looking natural and liking the results—which, unfortunately, cannot be reversed.
The thread lift is the perfect solution to address sagging skin without surgery that looks natural and is also effective and safe when performed properly. It’s quickly becoming the treatment of choice, especially for busy individuals who need to quickly resume their daily activities
Advantages of the Thread Lift
- Instant lifting: People love the instant lift of sagging skin that takes years off the face and neck.
- Natural results: Natural yet noticeable results can be achieved with the thread lift. There’s no worry of looking“ over-pulled” or “wind-blown” as with a surgical face lift.
- Non-Surgical: Since the procedure doesn’t involve any cutting and incisions, it doesn’t leave any permanent scars like traditional facelift surgery.
- Minimal downtime: Because the procedure is far less invasive than a surgical facelift, the downtime is very minimal. Most people are able to return to work soon after the procedure.
- Collagen stimulation: The threads stimulate your own skin to gradually produce more collagen in the treatment areas over several months. You not only get the benefit of an instant lift, your skin also gets firmer and tighter over time!
- Cost-effective: Thread lift is a very cost-effective way to achieve a more youthful appearance compared to other aesthetic procedures.
PROFESSIONAL SKIN & LASER CENTER
At Vivid Skin and Laser, our mission is to provide you with the most advanced aesthetic and laser techniques to help you achieve beautiful and healthy skin.